Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:57:36 am

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLVED: Bird and the wire (bug?)  (Read 61058 times)
hellwalker
little robot

« on: October 27, 2009, 04:07:52 am »

hello,
new here, been playing game for a while now, great game this far.
but i'm stuck at the wire and the bird part. I was told on other forums that I needed to move(extend) up and down and wire would break, but that just doesnot happen. i tried timing and everything, even watched video on youtube and did it just like that. wire still does not break.

is this a known bug? or am I missing something.

thx in advance

Mod Comment: See "Plasmadog's "Bird on a Wire" solution"

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:15:35 pm by Alex » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 04:40:50 am »

No, it's not a bug.  Search for the word "bird" in the Q&A forum and you'll find plenty of suggestions. 

Maceman
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 05:25:29 pm »

...this drove me up the wall as well (see my other post where i review the game)....

"Spoiler"
-the trick is to make sure you are not just swingin up, or down, but both. For example, when you push up... and it starts swingin up, the next timed move will be down when he starts coming down. You will see the bird stretch and squash if you do it right. A couple pumps like that breaks it, but i agree- needs better dynamics and very annoying...
cheers,
maceman
hellwalker
little robot

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 06:36:20 am »

thank you, that worked
and I thought I was supposed to give pace to strech/shrinking. very confusing puzzle
Tessa
little rusty robot

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 01:03:34 am »

I had this problem, too.  I was using a mini netbook, and no matter what I did, I couldn't break the wire.  Then I tried on my regular PC, and it broke with no problem.  So, there is a bug -- it seems it won't work on Netbooks.
Sandy Trunks
captain robot

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 06:21:24 am »

there is a bug -- it seems it won't work on Netbooks.

It's not a bug.  IMO the system requirements were understated; minimum barely cuts it.  The faster your CPU the better the "bird on the wire" situation is solved.

ireedeejay2
little rusty robot

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 10:05:07 pm »

thank you, that worked
and I thought I was supposed to give pace to strech/shrinking. very confusing puzzle

I had the same problem...i did't make it...i spent hundred times doin' that both places,but for no use...please tell me how to solve, because i want badly to pass over.Thx, and i'm waitin' for instructions!
Six19
little rusty robot

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 08:21:50 pm »

I have tried every suggestion posted here to get the bird to mimic my movements & snap the wire.  Nothing works.  Aside from buying a computer with a faster CPU, does anyone have any other tips?  Adjusting mouse settings, faster/slower movement, deliberate movement to swing down as wire swings up... no success.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Sandy Trunks
captain robot

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 05:34:23 pm »

I have tried every suggestion posted here to get the bird to mimic my movements & snap the wire.

This subject is also discussed in the "Bird won't fall" thread. 

Ottis
citizen robot

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 03:19:39 am »

I've never been able to get past that part using the "touch pad" mouse on my laptop. I did get past it by using a USB mouse form my desktop plugged into my laptop. Maybe the response speed of the touch mouse just isn't up to the game?
Plasmadog
little rusty robot

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 11:00:04 pm »

I had the same problem on my machine. That particular location seems to slow things down quite a bit, and the wire animation lags enough that you cannot use it as a guide for the timing of the up/down motion. Those who have said that it works like a swing are correct, but on the slower machines it is just not useful advice.

For the record, I work in software testing and I would categorize this as a bug.

However, I do have a solution that may work for some. On another forum I found some advice that worked very well for me, and since it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere here I thought I should join up to report it. There is another timing guide at that location that is independent of the wire animation, so it should be reliable. There is a small piston at the right of the screen, a little way behind the cat, going up and down. If you move the robot up and down roughly in sync with that piston, the wire should break. It worked for me within seconds of trying it, which seems to be the typical result.

I hope that helps.
masorost
citizen robot

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 12:15:21 pm »

However, I do have a solution that may work for some. On another forum I found some advice that worked very well for me, and since it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere here I thought I should join up to report it. There is another timing guide at that location that is independent of the wire animation, so it should be reliable. There is a small piston at the right of the screen, a little way behind the cat, going up and down. If you move the robot up and down roughly in sync with that piston, the wire should break. It worked for me within seconds of trying it, which seems to be the typical result.

yes, it works:)
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 09:22:35 pm »

Those who have said that it works like a swing are correct, but on the slower machines it is just not useful advice.

I dunno...I'm running the game on a pokey 700 MHz iMac and I've never really had any problems getting the bird to fall. In fact, I actually think the slowdown helps in that it's easier (i.e., you have more time) to determine precisely when the bird is about to reach either the apex or the bottom of its swing.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:32:51 am by Lamkin » Logged
iamrobot
citizen robot

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 03:40:10 am »

Holy crap it worked!! ive been trying for two days!! thank you so much...i can finally continue on!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 08:54:58 am by Nicosmos » Logged

waiting on part 2...
mhenry1383
little rusty robot

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 02:56:30 am »

@Plasmadog
Timing it to the small piston worked like a charm.  You are my hero.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: