Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:41:23 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxed German Machiniarum  (Read 24942 times)
Fien
noble citizen robot

« on: October 29, 2009, 06:09:40 pm »

I wanted a boxed Machinarium, just the download wasn't good enough for me.  Grin so I ordered the German retail version, which arrived today. I'm very pleased with it. The small cardboard box has a nice metallic silver look (the DVD-case inside doesn't) and it opens to show the main characters from the game against more metallic silver background.  A pity publisher Daedalic felt they had to add  promotional bubbles.

The poster is two-sided, but the B-side is a rather ugly promo-pic of Deponia, another Daedalic game still in development. The game disk inlcudes Samorost 2. Plus the music CD of course. And the manual, printed and also on the CD in pdf format. 

Interesting little tidbit in the manual is the so-called secret "leopard modus", which I also came across when playing the German adventure Edna bricht aus, developed and published by Daedalic. A standard Daedalic joke, I guess.  This time the secret  leopard modus has to be "activated" by playing the music CD backwards. "Have pen and paper ready!" I'm playing the music CD as I write this.  Cool
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 06:13:51 pm »

I should have ordered it too from Amazon! I thought it would be in the stores by now but it seems none in town has it on their shelves!
And I have been checking all possible shops...

EDIT: Has it been localized?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 06:28:41 pm by popsUlfr » Logged
Fien
noble citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 07:03:02 pm »

Yep. The box and manual are in German. So are the installation screens, the menu and in-game text in the very first screen.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 07:07:01 pm »

Yep. The box and manual are in German. So are the installation screens, the menu and in-game text in the very first screen.

Ok. And Samorost 2? Is there an Installer? Localization?
Fien
noble citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:01:43 pm »

Ok. And Samorost 2? Is there an Installer? Localization?

I don't think there's an installer. The menu is still in English, haven't replayed it  but I don't remember other in-game text.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 11:10:45 am »

I don't think there's an installer. The menu is still in English, haven't replayed it  but I don't remember other in-game text.

I will find out once I receive it, which I should have done since the first day!
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 06:04:06 pm »

If thumbnails don't load: boxfrontcover2.jpg,boxbackcover2.jpg

If thumbnails don't load: boxopen2.jpg,boxcase2.jpg

If thumbnails don't load: all2d.jpg,poster2bk.jpg

Grin

EDIT: The embossed steel-like surface of the box is charming to the fingers. Beautiful case and the poster is already hanging over my bed.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 07:09:05 pm by popsUlfr » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 07:18:23 pm »

Ooo, and a poster too?!  Cool!   Shocked

Something I've done to several folded posters I've collected in the past was to have them "mounted" (flattened) on foam core board.  If you're lucky, once mounted, you no longer see the creases in the image.

popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 07:27:57 pm »

Ooo, and a poster too?!  Cool!   Shocked

Something I've done to several folded posters I've collected in the past was to have them "mounted" (flattened) on foam core board.  If you're lucky, once mounted, you no longer see the creases in the image.

Don't think I've some spare ones lying around though I'm afraid to hurt it... It doesn't bother me that much  Cheesy
razputin
noble citizen robot

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 09:05:23 pm »

Thanks for the pictures! But now I wish you didn't post those, I really want a boxed edition but 29 euros ($46 Canadian not including shipping and custom fees) is pretty expensive, so ordering it from Amazon.De doesn't make sense at the moment.  Cry

I wonder if they will ever release an English box set....  Huh
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 09:07:19 pm by razputin » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 03:08:50 am »

I wonder if they will ever release an English box set....  Huh

Re: English box version

razputin
noble citizen robot

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 03:58:15 am »

Thanks for the link!
medusa
little robot

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 09:00:33 pm »

Hi,
can you tell me how to play the cd backwards?
Sandy Trunks
captain robot

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 09:43:04 pm »

can you tell me how to play the cd backwards?

You can't (at least not affordably).  However, you can use audio editing software to reverse the tracks you want to hear backwards.  For example "WavePad" has such a feature (and it's free to download).  http://www.tucows.com/preview/513591

medusa
little robot

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 12:07:07 am »

thank you, i´ll try it Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: