Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:46:40 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Download links only 14 days valid?  (Read 15390 times)
COX
little rusty robot

« on: November 06, 2009, 06:53:20 pm »

hey guys,
ich bought the game the first day.

now i wanted to download it again because i have a new computer and didnt saved the install file.
i cant. i says that the links are nor available.

sorry but this is not really nice.

how can i get my files?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 12:58:56 am »

Don't know if COX's situation was some sort of glitch but I just checked and my download links from Oct 16 (sent from support at amanitadesign dot com) are still good.

vanilka
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 10:50:20 pm »

mine doesnt work anymore either.
Clownia
little robot

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 02:40:08 pm »

Mine from Oct 16 still works.
deABREU
little rusty robot

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 05:43:01 am »

I bought this game today, and the line warning me about that, in the e-mail containing the download links, really got me worried about this type of consumer service. I hought I bought your game, not rented it.
I was never warned that my (assumedly) bought game would have a limited online life of only two weeks. What if I ever want to download it to play again on a new computer? What if I forget to back it up on a routine format? What if my burned CD-R gets oxyded or attacked by a fungus (much more common on burned media than on pressed ones)? What if I bought it while I was on a holiday trip and left to download it only when I got home, three weeks later?

C'mon guys, what's the point of that kind of this limitation? Unless I can get new links by sending an e-mail request, no questions asked, I'm feeling pretty much robbed by this policy. It's not like I'm gonna put extra stress on your servers or anything; I just want to feel safe knowing that I paid for owning something instead of renting it.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 05:53:33 am by deABREU » Logged
maxap
little robot

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 05:31:55 pm »

I've just bought Machinarium and got very disappointed. The links stay active for only 14 days....  Undecided
Nothing has been mentioned about this download period on the website. I thought we would receive a serial key, which we will have to type in.

Come on, guys! I don't even have a cd to burn this game on. What should I do if my pc crashes in a while? Pay another 20$ for this amazing game!?

I feel a little bit robbed as a poster above me....  Embarrassed
Sandy Trunks
captain robot

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 09:38:37 pm »

Why be disappointed?
You bought the game, were sent download links... end of story.  Transaction complete.
This isn't STEAM you're dealling with.  It's not the responsiblity of Amanita Design to continue to host your download links for all time.  Roll Eyes

maxap
little robot

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 11:07:13 pm »

It can hardly be argued that it is not their responsibility. I didn't borrow the game, but bought it. Therefore I would like to be able to enjoy it even after it could be erased from my pc/mac.

At least, they could have stated on the website that the buyers were going to receive temporary download links. If I buy an application online, I will be able to download it from the original website anytime I want to do it, as I have a serial key. (I merely store the serial keys and never (!) download and store the apps on cd's/dvd's, as I can always do it)

I don't like this system of Amanita Design! Please, offer us normal download links that will last forever or provide keys for the game, which will unlock its full features.

Very very disappointing, as it has already been stipulated by previous posters....  Undecided
Clownia
little robot

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 11:30:07 pm »

Come on... what are you doing when you've bought a game dvd and break it... backup, backup, backup, and keep your files safe. Smiley
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 08:29:25 pm »

It can hardly be argued that it is not their responsibility.

FWIW, the "they" you are so angry and disappointed with is actually Fast Spring, not Amanita Design.  So if you want to complain about the 14 day limit to someone that can actually do something about it, write to Fast Spring. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: