Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:24:40 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium 2 [expressions of enthusiasm]  (Read 447668 times)
jst65
space invader

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2010, 01:33:11 pm »

Thanks for sharing Chris,
I would have posted in the "Machinarium 2" thread you quoted instead of opening a new one Smiley

Mod Edit: Good idea!  This topic has now been merged with "Machinarium 2".  Grin
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:45:43 am by Alex » Logged
Lucid
little robot

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2010, 03:19:51 pm »

That thread kind of got off topic :x
Wrenbot
captain robot

[ '-' ]

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2010, 01:25:35 pm »

Ah I was going to repeat my suggestion here Grin

YES, the ending of Machinarium implies the robots being taken away from the City, and a forest or some other "natural" environment would make a very nice contrast to the metallic metropolis of the first game.

That grove of nature should still be populated by only robots, of course! Robotic birds, insects, even a kind of primitive "tribal" robot-people!

I'm against having the Black Cap Brotherhood making a return; the focus of Machinarium 2 should be on getting back to the city, or saving their new home from some threat Smiley maybe that grove in my idea could be the last surviving bastion of organic life in Machinarium's world, and it was being encroached on by that wasteland we see surrounding the City in Machinarium 1, and your job would be to somehow protect that grove or something. Tongue

Either way, there's a lot of potential in that beautiful world no matter how Amanita choose to continue it. Just hurry up with the sequel!!

YAY Samorost 3!!! Now just waiting for Machinarium 2!! ^^
vanilka
citizen robot

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2010, 04:47:46 pm »

I just wanted to ask, if there are plans for machinarium 2 any time soon. Thanks for the info, vanilka
twistedgamez
little robot

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2010, 11:44:07 am »

i would love machinarium 2, i am waiting eagerly for them to announce it! why not machinarium was such a good game and deserves a sequel!
Wrenbot
captain robot

[ '-' ]

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2010, 03:36:54 pm »

I've been looking forward to a sequel ever since I played the first screen Smiley (because I knew I would finish the game soon and want MORE)

YAY Samorost 3!!! Now just waiting for Machinarium 2!! ^^
taurus82
citizen robot

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2010, 05:10:42 pm »

It would be nice to have the PSN edition of the first one first, or maybe release both 1&2 at the same time.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 05:17:01 pm by taurus82 » Logged

taurus82 (PSN ID)
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2010, 10:31:34 am »

The first one is coming to PSN, sometime next year guessing from this: http://machinarium.net/forum/index.php/topic,1133.msg5536.html#msg5536
Karhu
little robot

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2010, 07:11:28 pm »

Quoting Wren: “Actually, while the first Machinarium has a very industrial, very "metallic" theme, the second should focus on an organic, natural theme.

As in, green forests and woodland etc. maybe with some organic creatures even, and that is kind of hinted at in the final sequence of Machinarium after all, and with Amanita's art, that could be turn out to be something even more beautiful than the first game.”

YES, the ending of Machinarium implies the robots being taken away from the City, and a forest or some other "natural" environment would make a very nice contrast to the metallic metropolis of the first game.

I agree. And Dvorsky said something interesting in an interview: "[Czech Republic] was hugely industrial in the Communist era, and now it’s abandoned it’s beautiful to see how nature has begun to reclaim that space. All the rotten houses and rusting machines – I really love this kind of stuff where you can see nature taking back the inventions of mankind ”.

I'd really love to see a more organic world. Though mixed up with decaying buildings or such, and as Wren said, inhabited by robotic creatures and insects. Kind of the ones you see slideshows of in Machinarium, in the glasshouse (if I remember correctly).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:22:47 pm by Karhu » Logged
divit

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2010, 11:03:24 pm »

Dvorsky said something interesting in an interview: "[Czech Republic] was hugely industrial in the Communist era, and now it’s abandoned it’s beautiful to see how nature has begun to reclaim that space. All the rotten houses and rusting machines – I really love this kind of stuff where you can see nature taking back the inventions of mankind ”.

I'd really love to see a more organic world. Though mixed up with decaying buildings or such, and as Wren said, inhabited by robotic creatures and insects. Kind of the ones you see slideshows of in Machinarium, in the glasshouse (if I remember correctly).
This is a great idea! It might work well with brick or concrete buildings, just because they'd probably collapse and be overgrown in prettier ways than metal. Since the City is almost entirely metal maybe bricks would mean having a rural setting. That way it would be easy to have screens with ruins and screens entirely of nature in the same game, and I really like the idea of Rural Robots.

On an ever so slightly prejudiced note, how would you draw speech/picture bubbles with accents?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2010, 07:53:48 am »

Quote from: divit
On an ever so slightly prejudiced note, how would you draw speech/picture bubbles with accents?

Sorry if I seem dense, but why would you have to?
As it is Machinarium has "translated" across most the the worlds' peoples.  (heck, even us Amerikans were able to figure it owt! now who's ever so slightly prejudiced?!  Grin )

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:11:16 pm by Alex » Logged
divit

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2010, 02:06:56 pm »

It wouldn't make much difference, but it could be cool.
iamrobot
citizen robot

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2010, 07:28:00 pm »

part 2 pleeeeaase!

waiting on part 2...
Yeg
little rusty robot

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2010, 02:41:25 pm »

Ben ve oğlum heyecanlı machinariun 2 bekliyor. Eğer sen bu konuda bize bildirmenizi rica ederiz someting biliyorum. Bu oyunu seviyorum.
derbi
little rusty robot

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2010, 12:08:13 am »

+1

As promised to my little daughter, I ask you Machinarium II.
I am sure , your next game will be Christmas wish of many children this year.
Please do not forget to start it with both heroes from part I :Robot and his new friend, saved from gunman slavery.

best wishes,
S and A
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: