Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:41:09 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug? 6 in a row  (Read 18450 times)
XplorX
citizen robot

« on: November 11, 2009, 03:43:15 pm »

I'm playing 5 in a row, and the computer just "beat me" with 6 in a row, but the game didn't stop. I attached a screenshot--the red arrow indicates the sixth bolt the program placed.

Sorry if this was mentioned in another topic--I looked and didn't find it. I have the unpatched game.

* MachGo6.jpg (50.3 KB, 720x540 - viewed 2030 times.)
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 04:42:41 pm »

Your screenshot shows the middle room already flooded.  Which means that you had already won at the 5 in a row game. 

Why in the world would you go back to play it again?!!   Shocked   Cheesy

XplorX
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 06:05:28 pm »

Why in the world would you go back to play it again?!!

Because...

1) I love wandering around in the world of Machinarium (and Samorost, too). To me, there's a strong sense of environment and beautiful artistry that goes beyond the idea of a game in Amanita projects. Fun!

2) I've gone back and replayed all the minigames many times. I poorly play those kinds of puzzles, so it's good practice and learning. The 5-in-a-row is pretty tough--I usually win once for every 7 or 8 games the program wins. Also, it's fun to re-play the "anti-virus" game and videogame #2, which is diabolically simple and clever.

Even so...doesn't it seem odd that the program didn't win with 6 in a row? I still have it running as shown in the screenshot. If you think you know how to beat it, you can tell me what moves to make and I'll see if the player can win after the program gets 6 in a row.
Zjeraar
citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:48:00 am »

I agree with the first poster. I had the same thing happening to me. The computer was about to win with 6 bolts in a row. But I got my chance and won in the next turn instead. It comes across as odd when one cannot win with 6 (or more) bolts or nuts. I think this deserves fixing, especially considering it shouldn't be that hard or timeconsuming to do. And patch02 is still in the making I assume.

How can one be certain this thread is picked up by (or at least brought to the attention of) the developers?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 03:25:49 am »

How can one be certain this thread is picked up by (or at least brought to the attention of) the developers?

Thanks out to both you and XplorX for pointing out the 6 in a row quirk*.  Be assured that JD and Oldes (key programmer) check the forum quite often and are paying special attention to posts regarding such "bugs".

You can read about recent examples of actual confirmed bugs that users have taken the time to point out here, here, and here.

Zjeraar
citizen robot

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 11:16:07 pm »

Ok. Got a confirmation per mail that this glitch / bug will indeed be fixed.
Zjeraar
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 05:35:39 pm »

Haven't checked if the 6-in-a-row bug is in patch02, but the 7-in-a-row bug is not.  Grin

Edit: Just checked that the 6-in-a-row bug isn't fixed either...
Edit: Trying to fix link to picture.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:42:33 pm by Zjeraar » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 11:57:44 pm »

Edit: Trying to fix link to picture.

I had a chance to see the picture briefly yesterday and then the link went bad.
Did you notice that there were precisely 5 sax keys and the other pieces filling out the "7-in-a-row bug" you captured were screws?

So this really is a strange bug!   Tongue

Could you fix that link to the picture of the 7-in-a-row anomaly, Zjeraar?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 08:41:14 pm by ABoretz » Logged
Zjeraar
citizen robot

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 11:53:47 pm »

Well, for lack of an alternative, let me post a link to the page with the picture. Twitpic won't allow me to remote link images.

http://www.twitpic.com/rufgv/full

If anyone knows a service (Not Flickr -- I don't like creating a Yahoo account) that will, let me know and I'll edit this post to show the image right away.

ModEdit: Embedded a low-rez version of your PNG file, Zjeraar, thanks!

* 7inarow.JPG (26.02 KB, 385x384 - viewed 1883 times.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:38:25 am by ABoretz » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: