Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:33:11 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another bug hit the boiler  (Read 13244 times)
skp
little robot

« on: November 20, 2009, 06:09:02 pm »

I just finished the game. Great!
I'll wait impatiently for Machinarium 2.

But I have to rebort one bug (or two) about the (almost infamous) boiler room.
I found a lock situation, to trigger you have to:
- modify the settings on the right box to up-middle-middle
- go inside the mine car and trigger the red button from there (you can, how strange isn't it?)
- when you are up click on the down arrow to return down
Now all controls of the boiler are stuck, including the mine car lever
You have to exit the game to reset.

By the way: since you can trigger the red button directly from inside the car, you don't need to bother with box controls to solve the puzzle...

I tried to apply the patch01 but nothing changed.

Keep up the good work!

ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 06:59:26 am »

Which version of the game are you playing, Windows MAC or Linux... STEAM or download?

jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 09:17:03 am »

that's true - it's really a bug. we will repair it in Patch 02. thanks!
skp
little robot

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 06:42:20 pm »

Which version of the game are you playing, Windows MAC or Linux... STEAM or download?

Windows version, direct download.
I was unable to play the Linux version, since I only have 64 bit machines and the only thing I got was "Segmentation fault"...  :-(
pm
little robot

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 12:02:13 am »

I was unable to play the Linux version, since I only have 64 bit machines and the only thing I got was "Segmentation fault"...  :-(

You need 32-bit libcurl.  I only found out after tracing the binary.  It tries to open libcurl.so.3 and libcurl.so.4, and if none works, it SEGVs.
skp
little robot

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 02:41:52 pm »

You need 32-bit libcurl.  I only found out after tracing the binary.  It tries to open libcurl.so.3 and libcurl.so.4, and if none works, it SEGVs.

Good suggestion.
I used strace and found it.
Depending from your configuration, gnutls and/or openssl libraries may be required as well.
Thanks.
pm
little robot

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 04:27:02 pm »

Depending from your configuration, gnutls and/or openssl libraries may be required as well.
Yeah.  It kind of sucks that it's not more explicit about thouse requirements, it would have saved me an hour or so that I spend poking into my system trying to make it work.  I used ltrace, and because ltrace doesn't handle tracing calls done from DSOs, I know it's the binary itself that's making those dlopens.  I don't know if that binary is Amanita's doing, or Adobe, or whoever, so I'm unclear as to where exactly to put the blame.

Anyway.  Glad I could make it work, the game is well worth it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: