Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:22:53 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flypaper? WTF??  (Read 9643 times)
LOPAN
little robot

« on: December 06, 2009, 11:17:59 pm »

What is that? In my country (Brasil), no one uses or ever used this kind of device. I didn't know what was that, I thought it was some knife sharpening tool. I'd never have thought that is was for killing flies as I have never seen one of these.

So, I was stuck for days and I had to resort to the hint system (I hate to do that). I think items should be named so people wouldn't get this issue. I believe that many countries don't sell this device.

Nevertheless, it is a great game, I'm enjoying it.
Sandy Trunks
captain robot

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 04:38:16 am »

What is that? In my country (Brasil), no one uses or ever used this kind of device.

You've obviously never worked in a restaurant (or walked through the kitchen of one) or you'd know exactly what flypaper is for!  Flies carry germs, so it's simply not possible that no one in Brasil uses flypaper, otherwise every time you ate a meal at a restaurant you'd very likely get sick with something.    Tongue

ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 05:21:30 pm »

From guardian.co.uk = Himalayan sherpas bugged by the sight of house flies at 5,000m
one could now attempt some joke about sending flypaper to Nepal except that this story is actually very worrisome  Sad

LOPAN
little robot

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 09:02:00 pm »

lol I surely never worked as a waiter.

Here we use some stuff you plug into the outlet and this make some noise or scent we cant hear/smell, but it avoid flies. Or some greenish spiral stuff you burn that stinks so much that no bugs want to get by. This flypaper thing is nasty.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: