Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:11:14 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Acegamez Awards "Best Traditional Adventure Game" to Machinarium  (Read 7705 times)
ABoretz
god of all robots

« on: January 14, 2010, 04:46:49 am »

Best Traditional Adventure Game: Machinarium
Despite Tales of Monkey Island achieving the almost impossible feat of being a more than worthy addition to possibly the greatest point-and-click franchise in history, the Monkey Island vote was split between this and the original Special Addition, leaving  a little known game from the Czech Republic a winner no one could argue with. Acegamez Dave Cook explains why: "Machinarium's great handle on visual comedy helps its lead robot become an instantly likeable character without even saying a word. Tomas Dvorak's soundtrack is chilling and the hand drawn visuals are painstakingly beautiful. This is a true labour of love for the developer and it will leave a lasting impression on you as well."

divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 02:19:42 pm »

"Traditional"?
Yohmi
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 02:41:25 pm »

"Traditional"?

Well... it's a way to describe adventure games... a few weeks ago, I started a topic on a gamer's board... it's quite an old board, and they are experimented gamers... the subject was adventure games, so I quite clearly excluded in the subject games like Pr Layton (puzzle games) or Zelda (action-RPG). Funny thing is they just, all of them, moaned, saying that adventure game is not a proper genre, as every game is an adventure. I tried to explain it, I showed them websites, wikipedia's definition, everything. And you know what ? They just stated that Uncharted 2 is an adventure game (yes, the massive killing action game), while all the adventure games we love are just nerdy point and clic oldies. I stated then that Final Fight was probably a fighting game, because you fight, and Zelda a jewelry game because you collect rubies, but never it made them change their mind. And it quite shocked me, from experimented (and long time known) gamers.

So I suppose it's a gentle way to not irritate people. Even if I don't agree.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 02:44:01 pm by Yohmi » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: