Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:57:45 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Linux version?  (Read 92093 times)
nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 07:42:48 pm »

Quote from: popsUlfr
Only thing I noticed was that it reacted incredibly slowly to mouse input but that's maybe due to my Laptop.
Oh, yes, you've right Undecided If you open the SWF with the standalone player, or even with the Flash plugin, there is not any issue like that, isn't it ? It seems it happens only when you open it embedded in the player. And not always, I've done some others executable creations, where this problem seemed to be sometimes almost reduced. Maybe the cursor replacement system used isn't the most efficient ? I don't know. Tongue

By the way, I've just seen the DMG of the Mac version, and the raw SWF is inside, clearly. So, hide this file in the Linux version may not be a necessity ...  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:54:57 pm by Nicosmos » Logged
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 09:48:14 pm »

I tested it on my other x86_64 machine. The IA32 package has to be installed by the way or the projector won't launch (for AMD64 systems).
I think the thing with the cursor was due to the Laptops poor performance, no problem at all on the other one  Tongue

With UPX I managed to reduce the file from 9.2 MB to 3.5 MB!
EDIT: there are problems with the compression on startup :\ I spoke too fast it's not working when compressing it. Though after decompression you get a working version  Huh

A pic  Wink :

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:20:21 pm by popsUlfr » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 10:29:51 pm »

A pic  Wink :

Good gosh, what a neat and tidy desktop you keep!  Mine's a mess of icons and shortcuts.  Cheesy

popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 11:03:32 pm »

Good gosh, what a neat and tidy desktop you keep!  Mine's a mess of icons and shortcuts.  Cheesy

Well it's a rather fresh install and I generally don't add any shortcuts in Linux, I get to all my apps either through the quickstartmenu or the Terminal.
However MY Windows board gets messy really fast!  Grin
nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 08:33:53 am »

A pic  Wink :

How have you done to choose the window title, "Machinarium" ? On the mine, there is only "Flash Player 10". Smiley
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 10:47:00 am »

How have you done to choose the window title, "Machinarium" ? On the mine, there is only "Flash Player 10". Smiley

I "hacked" it with a Hex Editor, just have to search for "Adobe Flash Player 10" (the first match!) and put "Machinarium" in that same space. One should use the whitespace character (20hex)  for filling unused slots and NOT 00hex otherwise it won't work. The 00hex before the 2nd Adobe... must be left untouched. I wanted to get rid of the menu bar also but I yet need a better understanding of the ELF format.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 06:45:58 pm »

Did you also notice a slight audio delay Nicosmos? It's very subtle but there.
Also I didn't see that one yet, the bubble with the cake! How great...

jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 03:22:41 pm »

hi Linux users,

we have created Linux version of the demo, however we need to test it carefully. please download it here, try it and let us know: http://machinarium.net/stahni-test/Machinarium-Demo-EN.tar.gz
we heard about some problems of flash player on certain 64bit Linux systems...

thanks!
Dude
little robot

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 01:37:00 am »

we have created Linux version of the demo, however we need to test it carefully. please download it here, try it and let us know: http://machinarium.net/stahni-test/Machinarium-Demo-EN.tar.gz
Great, thanks.

Unfortunately I have indeed a problem doubtless because of 64bit:
./Machinarium-Demo: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have the package containing this file installed (libnss3-1d), but this is 64bit of course and it seems there is no 32bit library available. :-(
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 10:57:47 am »

Great, thanks.

./Machinarium-Demo: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have the package containing this file installed (libnss3-1d), but this is 64bit of course and it seems there is no 32bit library available. :-(

Hey dude! You need the IA32 library in order to run 32 bit apps on a x86_64 system Wink

@jd: your demo just crashes for me Sad (I see the Adobe Flash Player window for a couple of seconds and then it dies) May I upload my version? I would of course just supply the final projector with the numeric folders and NOT the swf contained in the exe. It may work better for some.

EDIT: Ok I'm investigating a bit, I'm having the issue too if I RENAME my own machinarium demo folder.

I don't get it. I'm having trouble with the fullscreen mode, it just crashes.

EDIT2: I resolved it, was only a problem related to the graphics drivers.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:05:31 pm by popsUlfr » Logged
Dude
little robot

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 03:49:26 pm »

Great, thanks.

Hey dude! You need the IA32 library in order to run 32 bit apps on a x86_64 system Wink
I know Wink As I said, there is no 32bit library available. Yes, I have the package ia32-libs installed.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 05:44:01 pm »

I'm not sure I understand. It worked right away for me after installing the ia32-libs...  Huh
Did you try to locate the file "libnss3-1d" (e.g. /usr/lib32 or even /usr/lib) and create a link called "libnss3.so" to it in /usr/lib32?

EDIT: Forgive me, I didn't thought that one through try to look for "/usr/lib/libnss3.so.0d"  an check if there's a link to it in the same directory. Otherwise create one to it called "libnss3.so"! Not sure if this might help in this case Sad
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:48:44 pm by popsUlfr » Logged
Dude
little robot

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 10:45:22 pm »

I'm not sure I understand. It worked right away for me after installing the ia32-libs...  Huh
Did you try to locate the file "libnss3-1d" (e.g. /usr/lib32 or even /usr/lib) and create a link called "libnss3.so" to it in /usr/lib32?

EDIT: Forgive me, I didn't thought that one through try to look for "/usr/lib/libnss3.so.0d"  an check if there's a link to it in the same directory. Otherwise create one to it called "libnss3.so"! Not sure if this might help in this case Sad
/usr/lib is a symlink to /usr/lib64, where my libnss3.so is located. Do you have 64bit Debian unstable and a libnss3.so in /usr/lib32?
There is no libnss3* in my /usr/lib32.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 10:30:22 am »

/usr/lib is a symlink to /usr/lib64, where my libnss3.so is located. Do you have 64bit Debian unstable and a libnss3.so in /usr/lib32?
There is no libnss3* in my /usr/lib32.

Sorry for the late reply but I have a libnss3.so and libnss3.so.1d in my /usr/lib32. Same for /usr/lib (also I think you mean a symlink from /usr/lib64 to /usr/lib ?). There's your problem I think.

Are you sure the ia32-libs are correctly installed? I just checked and this file is part of it.

You might try to run this command in a Terminal:
Code:
dpkg-reconfigure ia32-libs

or try to reinstall:

Code:
apt-get remove ia32-libs
apt-get -f install ia32-libs
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:01:57 am by popsUlfr » Logged
Dude
little robot

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 12:19:59 pm »

(also I think you mean a symlink from /usr/lib64 to /usr/lib ?)

Yes, you are right.

Are you sure the ia32-libs are correctly installed? I just checked and this file is part of it.

Where did you check? It is definitively not in this package:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/ia32-libs/filelist

Nor is there a 32bit version of this file in any other Debian unstable amd64 package:
http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=libnss3.so&mode=filename&suite=unstable&arch=amd64

Edit:
I now copied the files libnss3.so, libnssutil3.so, libsmime3.so, libssl3.so from the i386 package of libnss3-1d and libnspr4.so, libplc4.so, libplds4.so from the i386 package of libnspr4-0d to /usr/lib32/.
This leads to another 64bit error:
(Machinarium-Demo:20336): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libglide.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
But there *is* the 32bit version of this file available in /usr/lib32/... (from the package ia32-libs-gtk).

I wonder why my system does not try to use it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 12:41:40 pm by Dude » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: