Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 08:32:37 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rubber Tubing on Oil Dispenser [SOLVED]  (Read 19291 times)
gracie
little robot

« on: October 14, 2011, 12:09:16 am »

I'm not able to 'use' the rubber tubing made from the frozen pipes on the oil dispenser. Is this a bug in ipad 2?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:02:11 am by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:34:13 am »

Could you be a bit more specific and describe what's going on?
Also, are you running version 1.1 of the game?

gracie
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 03:17:08 am »

Yes - version 1.1

It's where the little guy is in an outside elevator and he looks through the door to a girl in the kitchen. It involves an ear of corn, a pan of boiling water and a hook.the hook is used to pry off the vent above to reveal frozen pipes which the girl then boils and turns into a rubber hose.

She ate the hose so it is sitting down below, but now I'm supposed to use the hose with the kith en oil dispenser and it simply won't take. I'm stuck...
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 06:23:01 am »

Quote from: gracie

She ate the hose so it is sitting down below, but now I'm supposed to use the hose with the kitchen oil dispenser and it simply won't take. I'm stuck...

You click on the hose in your inventory and drag it over to the oil dispenser and click.
She should respond by walking over to the dispenser and hooking up the hose.

gracie
little robot

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 05:55:58 pm »

Not a very helpful answer Alex...how do you click on an ipad? I have dragged the hose over again and again and nothing happens. I wouldn't have gotten this far in the game if I didn't know how it was supposed to work ;-)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 07:45:21 pm »

Quote from: gracie

how do you click on an ipad?

That depends on how long your fingernails are...   Grin

Hey, I have a new idea for you to look into:  Is the fuel tank of the "elevator" already full??  (if so, that would explain why the "she" robot ignores your attempts to attach the hose)

Hmmm, but from what you wrote before it sounds like the elevator hasn't been fueled up yet.  Gah!

I'm sorry, gracie, you'll have to wait for someone else that's already gone through the game to chime in.  All I know at this time is that no one else has posted here to report a "hose bug" on the iPAD port of the game.  ("wrenches", yes, "kitchen hose", no)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 07:55:41 pm by Alex » Logged
gracie
little robot

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 08:11:13 pm »

Okay - I'll keep playing around with it and if I figure it out...I'll post the solution.
gracie
little robot

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 11:14:24 pm »

Okay found the answer on your blog - worked on the first try (Thanks Gwen!)

http://amanita-design.net/blog/2011/09/10/machinarium-for-ipad2-issues/

61. Gwen
October 10, 2011
Never mind with ipad2 updated problem regarding the hose in the kitchen not connecting with the oil dispenser. It’s just a little tricky. I needed to drag the hose to the dispenser & tap the dispensers spout almost simultaneously…..duh. My fault. I love this game!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: