Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:47:53 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: HARD GAME BUGS !!! You can dismiss your testers ... >:(  (Read 59562 times)
Ulyasha Karp
captain robot

« on: October 22, 2009, 12:14:22 pm »

Yes, is no secret that the Machinarium has a lot of bugs,  Undecided Undecided Undecided
Here are just a part from the facts that I met! Angry

At some point of this level gameplay all the buttons disappear...

at some point - two hatches, two chairs on one picture

When Yosef moves from the chapel to the edge of the bridge, he was partially disappears behind the swimming pool ...

when returning back with an umbrella, there are 2 container pot instead of one

Calculate number of lamppost levels and compare with the initial...

at certain points shows the steps on the lever instead torsion... such as here -
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:35:22 pm by ULYASHA KARP from BELARUS » Logged
kotovsky
little robot

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 01:56:08 pm »

Wow.
I've completed this game (1C/Snowball edition) three times. Haven't seen any bugs. (i'm not a tester though)
Bio
noble citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 03:00:56 pm »

Can you be more specific telling us step by step (if possibile) how did you get these bugs? This could help the developers to debug.
However, in my opinion, some of these bugs (lamppost and container) are not intended to ruin the gameplay impeding you to proceede, so they haven't priority.

Thank you for posting Smiley

popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 03:08:59 pm »

I would rather call those "glitches" and not bugs. For me bugs count to those things that break the game mechanics and frankly I haven't seen any hick ups that would fit this description.
Machinarium has by a far shot only a small amount of glitches compared to other contesters.
Ulyasha Karp
captain robot

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 04:22:46 pm »

If you did not see them "bugs or glitches", does not mean that they are not there ...
I suggest you carefully through the game and you all will see there...
All this ... happened when inconsistent and wrong passing game..
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 04:55:31 pm »

If you did not see them "bugs or glitches", does not mean that they are not there ...
I suggest you carefully through the game and you all will see there...
All this ... happened when inconsistent and wrong passing game..

I never said that I didn't see those "glitches" but here's my question: Did they stop your progress? Were they gamestopping for you?
You know maybe the playtesters noticed those things but it wasn't considered a priority by the devs because they had to fix some other problems that may stop you from continuing the game.
When it comes to game development you have to make compromises to get your product out at some point, some companies make too many and it results in broken games that need numerous post-release patches.
I salute your effort though and you shouldn't be angry about it. If you continue finding those and explaining how you get them, it may reveal helpful for all involved in making the game Smiley
Rhialto
captain robot

the Marvellous

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 05:16:40 pm »

Calculate number of lamppost levels and compare with the initial...

Cones are back?  Haven't noticed when I played it...  oops!  They might have missed a few details but otherwise it was awesome.
Bio
noble citizen robot

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 05:28:04 pm »

I think Amanita is scheduling a fix patch or something like that.
I've to agree with popsUlfr and with myself (Cheesy)...these "bugs or glitches" don't stop your game progress, so they have less relevance. This not means that they don't exist.
The only right thing we can do is to put in evidence (as you have done) these problems and wait for a fix.

Bye Smiley
Nurykabe
Global Moderator
citizen robot

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 06:01:46 pm »

ok, i got some of these glitches too, and some other you didn't mention, like :

(the bubble with two wires is still open)
and

(am I supposed to see this hint here ? I'm back from the other room)

I also had one when playing the minigame with the other robot in the pub. The game stopped but the panel stayed open.

A friend reported that the sequences with memories of the robot made the game crash on his computer.

Another bug I spotted was in the retro minigame (the one near to the end) the caracter was stucked between an enemy and a wall and was not able to move at all.

None of these bugs really prevented me from playing though. In worst case I just had to reboot the game and start from a previous save. Hope it helps.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 06:58:22 pm »

Well, this glitch that mccartercar had discovered in the demo was fixed in the final version, and it hadn't stopped the game, so I think that Amanita is interested in fixing at least some of the more glaring glitches.
=o)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 02:51:02 am by Lamkin » Logged
Ulyasha Karp
captain robot

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 07:33:57 pm »

I already wrote about the many glitch personally Jacob Dvorsky but he has ignored my letters ...
 Sad
Oldes
citizen robot

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 07:45:24 pm »

Yes, is no secret that the Machinarium has a lot of bugs,  Undecided Undecided Undecided
Here are just a part from the facts that I met! Angry

If you really want to be helpful, please send me steps how to reproduce these bugs on support@machinarium.net (so you will not put more game spoilers here) Without "steps to reproduce" it's hard to find the bugs and to make a fix (except the bug in the gate level where it's clear enough - but sorry, its not a "hard" bug - it's just a missing detail).
Oldes
citizen robot

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 08:10:50 pm »

I already wrote about the many glitch personally Jacob Dvorsky but he has ignored my letters ...
 Sad

I don't know what you have been reporting, but I'm (alone) programming this game and I don't have any steps to reproduce to fix at this moment. Jakub just told me that you were reporting bugs but not how to reproduce such a bugs (something like here)... if you were sending emails with more information, it must be lost somewhere. So again, if you really want to help to fix these, write me on support@machinarium.net how to exactly reproduce them... Thanks. I'm especially interested in the bug with the magnet controller (arrows).
Oldes
citizen robot

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 08:18:06 pm »

(the bubble with two wires is still open)

I can reproduce this one.. I'm fixing it.
Oldes
citizen robot

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 08:30:07 pm »

A friend reported that the sequences with memories of the robot made the game crash on his computer.

Which one? In which game size? With HW acceleration turned off? On which OS?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: